How to Design a Website That Converts
In today’s digital world, having a website is essential for any business or organisation but you may be wondering how to design a website that converts. With so many websites out there, how do you make sure yours stands out alongside your competitors? The answer lies in a great website design. Read on, to find out some ideas we’ve highlighted to help get your design right the first time around.
A well-designed website is one that is both visually appealing and easy to use. It should be clear, concise, and easy to navigate. The content should be relevant and engaging. And the overall design should reflect the brand of your business.
Website Design Conversion Tips
If you’re not sure where to start, here are some tips for designing a website that converts:
- Define your goals. What do you want your website to achieve? Do you want to generate leads, increase sales, or build brand awareness? Once you know your goals, you can start to develop a website that will help you achieve them. Create detailed requirements documents before you start going any further.
- Choose the right platform. There are many different website platforms available, so it’s important to choose one that is right for your needs. If you’re not sure which platform to choose, ask a web designer for help. We work with the largest website CMS in the world; WordPress. As well as the Magento platform for large-scale e-commerce websites.
- Plan your content. What kind of content will you include on your website? Be sure to include a mix of text, images, and videos to keep your visitors engaged. Ensure this is part of your initial requirements-defining phase. The content on the website should be high-quality and informative. It should be relevant to the target audience and should be written in a clear and concise style. The website should also include a call to action that tells visitors what you want them to do.
- Design for mobile. More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to access the internet, so it’s important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. The website’s design should be visually appealing and easy to use. It should be clear, concise, and easy to navigate. The content should be relevant and engaging, and the overall design should reflect the brand of the business.
- Test and optimise. Once your website is up and running, be sure to test it thoroughly and make any necessary changes. You can also use analytics tools to track your website’s performance and make improvements over time. This can be done by utilising Google Analytics, a free service that tracks data on your website from its users. Making sure your website speed is as optimal as possible, is also critical nowadays. Users demand fast-loading websites as a minimum. Look at conversion rate optimisation (CRO). CRO is the process of improving a website’s conversion rate by testing different elements, such as the design, content, and call to action. This can be a complex process, but it can be very effective in improving a website’s performance. Using a reliable managed website hosting provider can also enhance your website speed and ensure your site is running efficiently. Do you know that we also offer platform-specific hosting solutions including Magento hosting and WordPress hosting? Get in touch to enquire about our hosting and support offerings.
By following these tips, you can design a website that converts visitors into customers. If looking for more details of how we do it, see our process for more ideas.
Website Design Optimisation Ideas
Here are some additional tips for designing a website that converts well:
- Use high-quality images and videos. Images and videos can help to break up your text and make your website more visually appealing. Making sure to optimise your images for your website before uploading.
- Start with a clear goal in mind. What do you want visitors to do on your website? Do you want them to sign up for your email list, make a purchase, or contact you for more information? Once you know your goal, you can start to design your website accordingly.
- Keep your website design simple. A cluttered design can be overwhelming and make it difficult for visitors to find what they’re looking for. Use a simple, clean design that will make it easy for visitors to navigate your website and find the information they need.
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate. Make a clear plan before starting your content creation.
- Use clear and concise language. Stick to the point, humans don’t read long passages of text any more. Avoid using jargon or technical language that your target audience may not understand.
- Highlight your unique selling points. What makes your business different from the competition? What are your unique selling points? Make sure to highlight these points on your website so that visitors know why they should choose your business over the competition. Look at utilising graphic design services to make key content stand out.
- Offer something of value to your visitors. Think about concepts such as a free eBook or white paper perhaps. Or generate great blog content. Offering something of value is a great way to encourage visitors to take action on your website.
- Encourage visitors to take action. such as signing up for your email list or making a purchase. Look at using Mailchimp email marketing services perhaps.
- Make it easy for visitors to contact you. Include your contact information prominently on your website and make it easy for visitors to get in touch with you.
By following these tips, you can truly design a website that converts. While creating a user experience that is both visually appealing and effective in converting visitors into customers.
Still needing help? Contact us and find out what an expert digital agency can do for your business.