Why Should a Website Design be Refreshed Regularly?
This is a really common question we are asked often. Both from potential new clients and existing clients. So we thought it was about time we put pen to paper on our opinion on this question! But why should you redesign your website regularly? You’ve paid a lot of money for it. The website works well. Customers are happy. But over time, much like a house, things will slowly deteriorate and require upkeep. Even with regular website maintenance services in place, a website will still need to be updated and refreshed at some point in the future. It’s not a question of if, but when.
There are many reasons why you should refresh your website design regularly. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- To keep up with the latest trends: Technology and design trends are constantly changing, so it’s important to make sure your website design reflects the latest trends. This will help you to stay ahead of the competition and attract new visitors.
- To improve user experience: A well-designed website is easy to use and navigate. If your website design is outdated or cluttered, it can be difficult for users to find what they’re looking for. This can lead to frustration and a high bounce rate.
- To increase conversions: A well-designed website can help you to increase conversions, such as sales, leads, or sign-ups. By making your website more visually appealing and user-friendly, you can encourage visitors to take the desired action.
- To improve SEO: Search engines take into account the design of your website when ranking it in search results. A well-designed website with high-quality content can help you to improve your website’s ranking and attract more visitors.
- To build trust: A well-designed website can help you to build trust with potential customers. When visitors see that your website is professional and up-to-date, they’re more likely to do business with you.
Overall, there are many benefits to refreshing your website design regularly. By keeping your website design fresh and up-to-date, you can attract new visitors, increase conversions, and improve your website’s ranking in search results.
How Often Should you Refresh Your Website?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the frequency with which you should refresh your website will depend on a number of factors, such as the industry you are in, the type of website you have, and your budget. However, there are a few general guidelines that you can follow:
- Refresh your website design every 1-2 years: This is a good general rule of thumb for most businesses. By refreshing your website design every 1-2 years, you can ensure that it is up-to-date with the latest trends and that it is still user-friendly and visually appealing.
- Refresh your website content more frequently: If you have a blog or other content-heavy website, you should refresh your content more frequently. This will help to keep your website fresh and engaging, and it will also help to improve your search engine ranking. Running an e-commerce website? Then the same applies for your Magento website design frequency. That goes for Shopify web design too!
- Refresh your website design and content when there is a major change in your business: If there is a major change in your business, such as a new product launch or a change in your target audience, you should refresh your website design and content to reflect these changes. This will help to ensure that your website is still relevant to your target audience and that it is still providing them with the information they need.
- Refresh your website design and content when you have the budget: If you have the budget, you can refresh your WordPress website design and content more frequently. This will help to keep your website fresh and engaging, and it will also help to improve your search engine ranking.
Ultimately, the best way to determine how often you should refresh your website is to monitor your website traffic and analytics. If you see a decline in traffic or engagement, it may be time to refresh your website design and content. Looking for some expert help? Get in touch with our team for a free no obligation website design quote.